07 November 2010

Random Word Generator: Impregnation

It is really no secret at all that I want to get pregnant. In fact, every single month I manage to convince myself that I might be pregnant. My coworkers have to hear all about it. Additionally, I am often nauseated in the mornings, just in general, because I don't eat breakfast but I drink coffee. It's gotten to the point where all I do is mention needing to eat something or else I'm going to barf and someone says (before I even finish saying it, actually) "I know, I know. What if you're pregnant...?"

I'm very transparent.

All this is to say that we are not actually trying to get pregnant right now. At least not for a few months. We're not not trying though, either. If you know what I mean. What I mean is we are not using any birth control whatsoever. Except for a general guess at when I might be fertile. And then. Well, so far, it's pretty much worked out.

A couple of months ago, I really did think I was pregnant. Really, really thought I was pregnant. I was actually late. Or I thought I was late. Maybe I wasn't. I was busy and may have counted wrong. At any rate, I let myself get more than a little excited before I took a home pregnancy test. The possibility of being pregnant was sweeter than knowing the truth. I wanted to hold on to that feeling for as long as I could.

Patrick had a little bit of a different thought process. I think he was more worried than he thought he would be. Or. Oh, I don't know. The thought of it being a reality and how our lives would (and will) change. He was probably wondering more than a little at how my already decent back and forth moods would get a big push on the proverbial swingset of hormonal choas.

But then I took one test. Negative. But no period. So I took another. Negative. Still no period. On Monday I made an appointment with my doctor for Friday. And wouldn't you know it, on Tuesday I finally got my period. At work. My coworkers knew first.

Then I sent Patrick a text: "Another egg. Wasted."

And then another: "At least I won't be 8 months pregnant at our wedding!"

1 comment:

  1. I am currently doing the exact same thing. And even though I've already had a kid and when I got pregnant I *knew* this was the one, I still think I'm pregnant every month. It is driving me crazy!!

    ReplyDelete