11 June 2009

What's for dinner

This is is my perfect meal. It nourishes, relaxes, comforts. I only eat this by myself. I only want to eat this by myself. This perfect meal is a solitary effort. This works. Every single time.

Potatoes, fried in a cast iron skillet.
Add bell peppers, fry some more.

While that's going on, whisk some eggs with salt and pepper.

Turn the heat down pretty low and get rid of some of the frying oil (most of it, actually) from the skillet.
Add a whopping handful of spinach and watch it wilt.
Add the eggs, scramble and then dump it all out onto a plate.

If they're in season, slice up an avocado.

I would never do this in front of another person. Not ever (again). I've come to understand that this is my "alone activity." One of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment